Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is seeking to understand what is needed from a Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) solution for patients. RPM is a method of health care delivery that uses technologies to gather patient data, such as vital signs and assessment data. This data is gathered remotely and empowers patients to manage their health from the comfort of their home. If you are a patient, caregiver or family member who can share your experience of what you would like from a RPM solution this could be the opportunity for you!
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Office of Virtual Health
Patient partners will provide their feedback (at a single event) to the PHSA Office of Virtual Health to ensure that the ideas, concerns, and needs of patients and families are incorporated in the decisions being made regarding a future RPM solution. This solution will be used by PHSA and participating health authorities and organizations across the province.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to patient partners across the province who:
• Have experience as a patient, or a family member/caregiver of a patient who has received health care in an acute hospital, or primary and community health care setting
• Are comfortable using Zoom to attend the workshop
• Previous experience with using remote patient monitoring or home health monitoring is considered an asset but is not required
• Geographical representation is also preferred with a mix of patient partners from both urban and rural communities.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cassy Mitchell
• Number of vacancies: 4-6
• Date and Time: The virtual workshop date will be set for November (exact date to be determined), but will occur during business hours (9am-5pm Monday-Friday)
• Location: Online workshop via Zoom
• Commitment: One time commitment of 1-2hrs with some pre-reading ahead of the workshop. There may also be the opportunity to support the evaluation of the solutions in Feb-March 2022 (this will be optional).
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cassy Mitchell email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Remote Patient Monitoring is one of the virtual health tools that helps to support patient care outside of traditional health care settings. It is a method of health care delivery where technology is used to gather patient information such as vital signs i.e., blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen levels, or to communicate with patients through secure text, email, and voice responses. These tools have shown to have positive impacts on patient health outcomes, and engagement with their care team. Additionally, it provides clinicians a clearer picture of their patients’ health over time, which better equips them to understand and manage their patients’ health situations.
PHSA will be engaging with a multitude of different stakeholders across a variety of areas and departments to provide input on what to look for from a Remote Patient Monitoring Solution. Your role would be to provide the patient, family, or caregiver perspective as it relates to a remote patient monitoring solution.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCassy Mitchell
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Provincial