Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Kimberly and surrounding area
Are you interested in sharing your thoughts on how patient centredness can be given more focus within Interior Health? We have an opportunity in Kimberly!
Open to: Patient partners in the Kimberly and surrounding area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health (IH)
- To create an opportunity for in depth Patient-and Family-Centred Care (PFCC) discussion at the local level
- To learn from Patients, Families, Caregivers, HA Staff, Physicians, Community and Indigenous Partners, ways in which to foster development of Patient and Family Centred Care for the IH Strategic Plan across IH
- To gather information to begin development of the IH PFCC 3 year Strategic Plan
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Comfort in being part of large group discussions. Comfort in sharing your story
- Available to attend the session, in-person
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly
- Vacancies: 5-10
- This is a one-time event
- The tentative date is: - Kimberly: Tentative March 12: 1:00 - 3:30
ReimbursementTravel expenses will be reimbursed for travel (including parking) within the local area following the Interior Health travel policy. Reimbursement will occur when receipts collected. More information will be shared once confirmed for the engagement.
BackgroundInterior Health has worked to be inclusive to bring patient- and family-centred care to be a way of being within our culture. To ensure we have a 3 year strategic plan which reflects the needs of the people within the Health Authority regions, 7 engagement sessions are taking place to have conversations at the local level to gather information to inform the 3 year strategic direction. Patients, family, caregivers, IH staff, physicians, community partners (City council), Aboriginal partners, and others who may be interested in contributing to the 3 year plan. An agenda and invitation will be given to you prior to the event. As this is and IH wide initiative we are looking for patients/family/caregivers.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo