Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Northern region
Are you receiving kidney or dialysis care with Northern Health’s Renal Program? If yes, we would love for you to attend our focus group to hear your opinions about setting health-related goals in your care.
Open to: Patient partners in the Northern region
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Renal
AimThe goal of this focus group is to understand from patients and family caregivers as well as kidney care professionals what does goal-setting mean in the context of kidney care, and what may help improve goal-setting in caring for those living with chronic kidney disease.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners in the Northern region who:
- Are receiving care in a kidney care clinic, haemodyalisis unit, peritoneal dialysis or home dialysis in Northern Health’s Renal Program or a family caregiver of someone receiving kidney care.
- We are seeking people who represent diverse perspectives, which may include but are not limited to geography/neighbourhood, culture, ethnic or national origin, marital status, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, income variety, education, work experience, genetic characteristics, family status, disability, and/or experiences with health challenges or health care. The composition of the focus group is guided by the desire to learn and to share perspectives and experiences from across a diverse population and broad demographic balance.
- Are comfortable sharing experiences and working in groups
- Vacancies: 4
- Date/time: September 9, 1:30 - 3pm
- Location: in-person attendance
- Commitment: One-off commitment
ReimbursementBC Renal will reimburse travel and accommodation (for out-of-town participants) as well as transportation and parking expenses for those local to Prince George. The reimbursement process will take 4-6 weeks. Participants may contact BC Renal staff if further assistance is required.
BackgroundGoal-setting with patients was identified as an improvement opportunity in provincial patient experience surveys conducted by BC Renal. In follow up to the survey results, BC Renal is organizing a series of focus groups across BC to have an in-depth discussion about goal-setting with patients in various kidney care settings. The focus group will include patients, family caregivers and kidney care professionals from the Northern Health Renal Program Patient-and-Family-Engagement-Focus-Group-Poster-NH.PDF
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior