Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners from Northern region
Northern Health is participating in a provincial collaborative with Stroke Services BC for hyperacute stroke care. We would like a patient partner to join our team to share their experiences and be involved in decision-making as we work to improve emergency stroke care.
Open to: Patient partners from Northern region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health, Regional Chronic Diseases, Cardiac Care and Stroke Care
AimAs part of the Hyperacute Stroke Collaborative from Stroke Services BC, Northern Health wants to engage with patients who have experienced a stroke and received emergency care for their stroke in a Northern Health facility. The goal of the collaborative is to improve the identification of patients and to provide faster care for more patients that are experiencing a stroke, so Northern Health is seeking patient voices to contribute to the conversation.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Have experienced a stroke and had emergency care for their stroke in one of the NH sites – if possible from Prince George, Quesnel, Dawson Creek, or Fort St. John
- Experience working in large groups and comfort in telling your story is an asset
- Interest in giving feedback for system/site changes to hospital flow for stroke patients needing emergency care
- Experience with emergent stroke care in NH hospital preferred
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Meeting format: Teleconference, Webinar and Face to Face
- Learning Session # 2 - February 22, 2019 - Vancouver - Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel - day meeting
- Learning Session # 3 - May 28, 2019 - Vancouver - Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel - day meeting
- Learning Session # 4 - October 21, 2019 - Vancouver - Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel - day meeting
- Other meeting dates via webinar and teleconference TBD - these will be optional
ReimbursementAll pre-approved expenses will be covered through the stroke collaborative. Flights to the meetings, hotel and meals at the collaborative are all part of the meeting coverage.
BackgroundThis engagement is part of the year-long collaborative with Stroke Services BC. The focus for this collaborative is improving emergency care for stroke patients in a variety of ways that will allow teams to try initiatives at their sites to improve care in emergency (acute) settings. There are teams from all across the province (all health authorities have teams in the collaborative). There are three Northern Health teams, one from GR Baker in Quesnel, one team from UHNBC in Prince George, and a joint team with Dawson Creek and Fort St. John hospitals.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC