Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, patient partners from Kelowna area
Good communication improves the quality of care. Do you have a story you can share with the Patient and Family Centred Care team at KGH so they can learn how staff can better communicate?
Kelowna General Hospital – Patient and Family Centred Care
To improve our communication between families and hospital staff. The patient partner will contribute by sharing stories that create momentum for change.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Patients partners willing to share stories about positive and/or negative experiences which were between their family members and hospital staff at KGH
• Stories must be from experiences at KGH
• Ideally some stories will also come from family members to provide their perspectives
• Available to submit responses by email by August 15th
• Number of patients: 2-3
Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
• Patient partners will be asked to share their experiences/stories by August 15th
There are no out of pocket expenses anticipated.
In the acute setting, COVID has made communication between families and unit staff challenging and while we receive some positive feedback on communication between families and unit staff, we’ve also received feedback that indicates we need to do better.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region