Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior region who access Royal Inland Hospital
Patient Partners are requested to follow the outpatient pathway for rapid access clinics opening in the Royal Inland Hospital clinical services building. Will the planned processes work for patients? What can be implemented before the clinics open to make sure the flow will work for the patients using them?
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior region who access Royal Inland Hospital
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Quality, Risk and Accreditation
AimInterior Health is planning to open new rapid access clinics in early 2018. The aim of this engagement is to ensure the patient flow design plan within the clinics will work well for patients. The planning committee will be looking to patient partners to identify any challenges and roadblocks as well as new ideas to help reduce or eliminate these challenges.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- This opportunity would suit patient partners who have an interest in out-patient clinics, how they operate and how the patient flows through.
- Patient partners with mobility or accessibility requirements would be a much appreciated perspective.
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancies: Minimum of 2 patient partners
- Format: In-person on Jan 23 for 1 - 2 hours between 9am and 12pm (the time will be worked to suit the patient partner's availability). Patient partners will be asked to travel through a clinic visit from parking in the hospital right through to finishing the appointment. There will also be a follow-up via telephone.
- Location: Royal Inland Hospital
ReimbursementPre-approved mileage and parking expenses will be reimbursed
BackgroundThe session will involve the cardiac/clinic manager, quality improvement consultant and other relevant staff such as clinic staff. The clinics will be for patients who have cardiac/ neurologic symptoms which require access to a specialist and evaluation within 48 - 72 hours (ideally). The decision about the next steps for the patients will be made after evaluation at the clinic e.g. home, hospital admittance or transfer for treatment to specialized care.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo