Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services is restructuring their public website and needs volunteers to attend an in-person session in Vancouver to participate in a focus group. If you use their services and/or website and want to be involved in making the website user-friendly with the most useful information, this is the opportunity for you!
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland
Lead Organization or DepartmentStrategic Initiatives, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
AimWe want to ensure we receive information from all stakeholders who use the BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services and/or website to provide useful information on how the website can be restructured in a user-friendly way so that we can improve the experience of all visitors. Since patients and family members use our website, we want to engage them in our research to understand any challenges or concerns they might experience. The patient partner would be participating in the focus groups to answer questions related to the website and also will be taking part in a card-sorting process. This is a process which will help evaluate and categorize the information from the focus group in a way that makes the most sense to those participating.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners from the Lower Mainland who:
- Have experience (personal or family) with any mental health and substance use services
- Familiarity using the internet
- Experience working in large groups
- Comfortable sharing your thoughts and opinions
- Please note:
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Cassy Mitchell or Karen Estrin directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 6 - 8
- Date/time: July 22 - July 26 during working hours; the session would be a maximum of 1.5 hours in duration
- Location: In person at BC MHSUS
- Commitment: One-time
ReimbursementPre-approved travel (60 kms each way), transportation & parking costs to attend the focus group will be reimbursed.
BackgroundWe want to restructure our website to provide the best user-experience in terms of the information available and make the website easy-to-navigate for our users. Health authority liaisons, social workers, patient partners and family members will all be involved in this process.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior