Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Join us at Quality Forum 2017 where patients, health care professionals and students will come together from around the province and across the spectrum of care. While networking with others interested in improving health care in BC, you will learn new skills and discuss challenges, opportunities, and strategies.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Ignite action to improve quality of care for patients and providers;
- Create and strengthen connections and collaboration across all areas of care; and
- Share effective strategies and leading practices to stimulate and sustain improvement. (To this end, patient volunteers are encouraged to participate fully in discussions - seeking out new ideas and sharing their own knowledge, perspectives and experiences as relevant - and use their voice for improvement. We value the inclusion of diverse perspectives and recognize the value in increasing the knowledge, skill-set and network of patients and/or carers affected by relevant quality and safety issues in the province.)
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- We would like the group to be diverse and representative of those across the province.
- We would like to focus on supporting attendance of those who have not previously attended a Quality Forum event; however that is not required criteria.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Jacquelyne directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- 20 spots for Quality Forum (including pre-Forum session, Health Talks, and main-QF programming)
- March 1: Pre-Quality Forum sessions and Health Talks
- March 2 & 3, 2017: Quality Forum main programming
- All events are located at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver hotel.
- Sessions run from approximately 0830-1630 each day, with the option of attending evening events on the 1st and 2nd.
- Barring extenuating circumstances, it is expected that those selected will attend at least the main-programming March 2-3.
- Registration and all travel costs incurred to attend these events will be covered or reimbursed in accordance with the provincial Travel Policy guidelines.
- As much as possible, we will pre-pay for travel expenses directly (e.g. booking flights and accommodation). For those expenses we cannot pay for in advance (e.g. transit tickets, meals), once an expense reimbursement form is received to our Vancouver office, we are able to provide expedited payment within a couple of weeks via cheque mailed to the address provided.
BackgroundQuality Forum 2017 will be our sixth annual conference, featuring multiple days of presentations and interactive workshops on a variety of topics related to improving quality across the continuum of care. The Forum brings together clinicians, quality improvement leaders, patients, students, researchers, administrators, board members and senior executives from across the province to celebrate successes, address challenges and identify strategies for advancing the quality of health care. More information is available at Qualityforum.ca While measures will be taken to optimize flow, comfort in a crowd and large group settings is a must. Sessions will range from 50-950 people in one room. The event is being held at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, which states that it “is committed to ensuring that we meet and exceed all of the requirements of Access Canada” so disability requirements will be able to be accommodated. Travel to the hotel downtown Vancouver will be required (travel costs will be covered by BCPSQC). Breakout sessions are expected to fill, so we will encourage patient volunteers to register as soon as possible in order to ensure space in their preferred sessions. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to navigate the online form and be available to offer technical support and/or answer any questions when the time comes. This event will be coordinated with the annual Patients as Partners Dialogue. A call for 10 additional volunteers who are distinct from those attending the Quality Forum will be sent out shortly.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo