Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Here is an exciting opportunity for PVN members who want to become more engaged with our organization: we have six openings available for patient partner representatives to join our Oversight and Advisory Committee. Please read further to learn more about the Committee and how it supports the Network!
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentPatient Voices Network
AimWorking in collaboration with the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, the Oversight & Advisory Committee:
- Provides recommendations on the strategic direction for PVN;
- Guides development of a three year strategic plan for PVN and assess progress;
- Provides input and feedback on PVN activities;
- Ensures the patient voice is incorporated in the design and operation of PVN;
- Provides advice on improving the promotion and awareness of the Network;
- Identifies barriers to patient engagement and suggests potential solutions;
- Informs discussions by sharing patient and health care partner perspectives;
- Shares opportunities and ideas on how the Network can support the advancement of patient-centered care; and
- Provides strategy recommendations to the Ministry of Health.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityPatient partners from across the province who:
- Have a passion for patient and public engagement;
- Are seeking leadership opportunities to assist in guiding and supporting PVN;
- Have some experience in patient and public engagement with PVN;
- Have regular access to email and are comfortable with WebEx and teleconferences; and
- Are comfortable participating in discussion with high-level health professionals.
- Vacancies: 6
- Time Commitment: Meeting times will be every two months for 90 minutes via teleconference, and 1-2 times a year with full-day in-person meetings. Meeting dates will be shared in advance.
- Term and Renewal: Term memberships for new committee members will be for two years.
ReimbursementApproved expenses related to travel will be reimbursed by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council.
BackgroundThe Patient Voices Network is guided by an Oversight & Advisory Committee which includes members from health authorities, health care organizations, the Ministry of Health, and BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (the Council), as well as an equal number of patient partner representatives from across the province. The Committee was created to co-design, guide and support the activities of PVN. It provides guidance and recommendations to the Council in leading PVN and ensures the patient voice is included in the planning of PVN’s strategic directions and activities. Click here to read the Oversight & Advisory Committee's Terms of Reference.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Project Coordinator, Patient and Public Engagement