Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Volunteers from Vancouver and neighbouring cities
Do you have an interest in value-based health care? Would you like to help guide this discussion with Canada’s health leaders and help them prepare for this important work? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
Open to: Volunteers from Vancouver and neighbouring cities
Lead Organization or DepartmentEmerging Health Leaders
AimWe are holding two Twitter chats in preparation for a panel presentation at this year’s National Health Leadership Conference (NHLC). The first Twitter chat will focus on defining value based health care and the second will focus on how to prepare health care leaders to work in this type of environment. The outcome of the Twitter chats will inform the Panel presentation at NHLC. The patient volunteer will participate in these three activities as well as the working group that prepares for each of these activities.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Experience with Twitter would be asset but is not necessary. Support will be provided.
- Experience participating in working groups.
- Comfort with public speaking as part of a panel discussion.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session and signed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested, please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 1
- The Twitter chats will be scheduled for 1 hour each during the weeks of February 20-24 and April 3-7
- Panel Presentation: Jun 12 11am-12pm
- Working group meetings will be held from February through June, scheduled TBD. They will be by phone, usually in the evening, for one hour each.
ReimbursementVolunteers will be reimbursed for local transportation costs (i.e. parking, transit). Additionally patient volunteers’ attendance at the National Health Leadership Conference will be covered.
BackgroundThe value-based care model shifts the focus from the needs of the provider to those of the patient to participate in safe, appropriate, timely and effective care. As health leaders, we must understand the meaning of ‘value’ as defined by the patient and how it can be employed strategically in decision-making to transform care and reduce waste. The Emerging Health Leaders session for this year’s National Health Leadership Conference is focused on health leadership across the full spectrum of health care. Through a panel, presenters will engage in dialogue providing insight on what value means to various stakeholder groups and how to prepare for value based health care. We have extended invitations to senior leaders (to be confirmed) and we will have Emerging Health Leaders from Toronto and Vancouver on the panel as well. To find out more about Emerging Health Leaders, please visit their website: http://emerginghealthleaders.ca/
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast