Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Our Patient Voices Network’s Oversight & Advisory Committee is looking for five new patient partner representatives, including three Indigenous representatives.
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
The Patient Voices Network is administered by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council and is guided by an Oversight & Advisory Committee (O&A) which includes members from health authorities, health care organizations, the Ministry of Health, and BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (the Council), as well as an equal number of patient partner representatives from across the province.
As a member of the Committee, the patient partner role is to work with all committee members to co-design, guide and support the activities of PVN. The committee provides guidance and recommendations to the Council in leading PVN and ensures patient voices are included in the planning of PVN’s strategic directions and activities.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Open to Indigenous patient partners throughout the province, and other patient partners from Vancouver Coastal, Fraser or Interior regions.
The Committee includes patient partner members who are diverse in age and cultural background, and representative of all regions in the province. We are looking for individuals who:
• Have a passion for patient and public engagement;
• Are seeking leadership opportunities to assist in guiding and supporting PVN;
• Have some experience in patient and public engagement with PVN;
• Have regular access to email and are comfortable with attending virtual meetings using Zoom (training can be provided); and are comfortable participating in discussions with health professionals.
The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and Oversight & Advisory Committee Members.
Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ruhee Mardhani directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your ability to do so, please contact Ruhee Mardhani.
• Number of vacancies: 5
• Date/Time: Meeting times are currently every two months for 90 minutes via Zoom teleconference When it is safe to do so, additional meetings are held 1-2 times a year full-day in-person in Vancouver. Meetings take place Monday – Friday between 9:00-5:00pm.
• Location: Teleconference/in-person meetings twice a year (in accordance to public health guidelines)
• Commitment: Term memberships for committee members are two years. Committee members who have completed their terms are welcome to renew their membership for up to two more years
Travel expenses related to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to BCPSQC policy. Please note, BCPSQC is currently conducting all meetings in a virtual setting to support the physical distancing and safety guidelines.
Please refer to our Terms of Reference for more information on roles and responsibilities of the Committee.
Open to patient partners from:
• One volunteer from Vancouver Coastal
• One volunteer from either the Northern, Fraser or Interior region
• Three Indigenous patient partners from across the province (including youth)