Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, patient partners from White Rock/South Surrey communities
To shape primary health care, a variety of experiences and voices are needed at the table. The White Rock-South Surrey Division of Family Practice is seeking six patient partners to provide input into the variety of projects they are working on to improve primary care in the White Rock-South Surrey community.
White Rock-South Surrey Division of Family Practice
• To identify primary care projects and service improvements as part of the development of the Primary Care Network.
• Patient partners will offer a valuable perspective to the transformations of primary care in White Rock-South Surrey by contributing to the development of these projects and service improvements that will directly impact the services in communities.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers from White Rock-South Surrey communities who:
• Have personal knowledge and experience as a patient, family or caregiver with primary health care and the healthcare system in White Rock-South Surrey.
• Ability to meet virtually so COVID-19 restrictions can be followed.
• Understand the current resources and the gaps in White Rock-South Surrey primary care services.
• No professional experience in healthcare is an asset.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity and determination of the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
• Number of vacancies: 6
• Date/Time: Daytime and evenings (to include General Practitioners (GPs) and community partners) and with to work with patient partners schedules.
• Location: Virtual
• Commitment: 4 times per year, 2-hour meetings with reading in between, One-Year Term.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
To address the challenges related to timely access to the health care system Doctors, Divisions of Family Practice, Health Authorities, and the province are working together to create an integrated system of care across BC. The goal is for patients to have access to quality primary health care that effectively meets their needs. The Primary Care Network (PCN) is a clinical network of physicians and other providers in a geographic area who work together in new ways to expand team-based supports for General Practitioners (GPs) and patients.
These working groups will work on aspects of the development of the Primary Care Network in White Rock-South Surrey through a series of four, two-hour meetings.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council