Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Vancouver Island region
Island Health is committed to quality care and quality improvement. As such, we are developing a local Quality Council for our Westshore Urgent Primary Care Centre where we will identify and address quality issues affecting the care of our Western Communities citizens.
Open to: Patient partners in the Vancouver Island region
Lead Organization or DepartmentVancouver Island Health - Community Health Services
AimA patient partner's voice in this work is vital to ensure community representation and applicability. We seek applicants who have an interest in improving the quality and care that patients receive specifically within the WUPCC and, more generally, in Western Communities. They will be a member of the larger health care team dedicated to this work.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Some experience within the health care system, specifically in community or walk-in care
- Comfort in sharing ideas and open and curious to others' ideas
- Can clearly and succinctly articulate thoughts and ideas
- An interest in health care and improving the experience of care
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Location, date, time and frequency:
- St. Anthony's Professional Centre, 582 Goldstream Ave, Langford
- Once per month, 90-minute meeting. May alternate mornings (08:00-09:30) and evenings (5:00-6:30pm) TBD
ReimbursementTravel and parking as per Island Health policy.
BackgroundThe WUPCC opened Nov 5, 2018. We are in a position to develop a local quality committee as part of Island Health's quality structure. This is mostly related to community care. Terms of Reference currently under development.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region