Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Sharing your surgery experience to improve programs at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre provides a chance to co-create an exemplary surgery program that best meets the needs of residents across Fraser Health. This unique opportunity teams up the patients’ voice with health care leaders in an action-focused committee dedicated to improving surgical outcomes.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentSurrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre (JPOCSC) Surgical Department
AimThe patient partner works with other committee members to provide strategic oversight of surgical services and provides feedback/suggestions that ensure high quality care in surgical services at SMH and JPOCSC.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Patient partners from communities in the Fraser Health region, experience with SMH/JPOCSC Surgical Services is desired
- A strong communicator, partner, familiar with data analysis would be helpful
- Confidence in sharing ideas/suggestions is preferred
- Vacancies: 2-3
- The location is the SMH and the meeting is on the second Thursday of every month, from 4-5:30 PM.
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel Policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundThe Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre OR Management Executive Committee provides strategic oversight for the planning of surgical services across the continuum of care in order to meet the needs of Surrey as well as specific Fraser Health regional and/or Tertiary patient populations designated by Fraser Health Leadership. Using a patient centred approach, the committee provides advice and recommendations to, and receives strategic direction from, the Fraser Health Executive and the Provincial Surgical Executive Committee with the goal of improving surgical care in accordance with the dimensions of quality. The other members of the team include:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Executive Director
- Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre Executive Director
- Maternal, Infant, Child & Youth Executive Director
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Chief of Surgery
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Department head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Lead
- Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre Chief of Surgery
- Surrey Memorial Hospital/Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre Director of Clinical Services
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Director of Family Birthing Unit
- Surrey Memorial Hospital/Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre Department Head of Anaesthesia
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley