Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Fort St. James
Are you interested in participating in the business planning stage of redeveloping Stuart Lake Hospital? The role of the patient partner will be to work alongside committee members to provide advice and recommendations on aspects of the design of the hospital from a patient perspective. If you enjoy thinking strategically and collaboratively, and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity, patience and time, please consider this engagement opportunity!
Open to: Patient partners in Fort St. James
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health Authority, Omenica Health Services, Fort St. James
AimAs a member of the Stuart Lake Hospital Redevelopment Capital Project Advisory Committee you will provide advice and recommendations to Northern Health on local considerations related to this project. Patient partners can bring forth the patient experience related to the design of the new hospital and the services to be provided (within the scope of the project). Planning will also need to take place related to community consultations and communications regarding this work. There is also the scope to set up additional working groups where broader input is required on topical issues.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners in Fort St. James who:
- Have accessed services at Stuart Lake Hospital as a patient or family member
- Have committee experience and/or comfort working in large groups made up of a variety of organizations
- Are comfortable sharing stories on how to enhance the patient experience
- Vacancies: 2
- Quarterly meetings, 60-90 minutes in duration (schedule of meetings has yet to be determined)
- In person
- 12-month commitment required
ReimbursementTravel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed as per Northern Health Authority reimbursement policy.
BackgroundOn November 6, 2018, the Province of BC approved the Concept Plan for the redevelopment of the Stuart Lake Hospital and the Ministry of Health has given Northern Health approval to move forward with the business plan which will guide discussion. The Committee will consist of representation from: Northern Health Authority , First Nations Health Authority, local First Nations Communities, Stuart Nechako Regional Hospital District, the District of Fort St. James and patient partners. The aims of the project in more detail include to:
- Ensure project is aligned with Northern Interior Health Service Delivery Area and NHA organizational strategy
- Ensure project makes good use of assets
- Assist with resolving strategic level issues and risks
- Approve or reject changes to the project with a high impact on timelines and budget
- Assess project progress and report on project to senior management and higher authorities
- Provide advice and guidance on issues facing the project
- Use influence and authority to assist the project in achieving its outcomes
- Review and approve final project deliverables.
- Support development of regular communication materials to keep key stakeholders informed of progress of the project
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior