Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Northern Health region
Are you interested in enhancing online access for patients? Northern Health is actively pursuing a patient portal project and is looking for a patient representative for its steering committee and advisor for its project team.
Open to: Patient partners in the Northern Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health, Clinical Information Systems
AimThe aim of this engagement is to increase patient activation in health care by making information more readily available to the patient via the patient portal. The purpose of engaging a patient partner is to provide a patient perspective for the steering committee and project team to collaborate with clinical, information management-information technology (IMIT) and health care leadership perspectives. The role of the patient partner is to give representation to the patient perspective and end user for the project steering committee and project team.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Ability to assess discussions, provide opinions and seek opportunities to build consensus with members of the Steering Committee and Project Team
- Comfortable meeting via Skype is an asset
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
- Vacancies: 1
- Date and Time: Steering Committee meets in person and via Skype on the first Monday of each month from noon to 1:30am. Next meeting is scheduled for March 3. Project Team meets in person and via skype biweekly on Wednesday mornings from 9 to 10 am. Next meeting is scheduled for March 11.
- 12 Steering Committee meetings and provide advice to the Project Team up to six times per year.
- Location: In person in Prince George or via Skype
- Commitment: A year
ReimbursementPre-approved expenses (i.e. mileage) would be covered to attend the meeting, if requested, based on Northern Health’s reimbursement policy.
BackgroundCanada Health InfoWay has an excellent web site that outlines patient portals: https://www.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/component/tags/tag/996-patient-portals Patient activation is part of the future of health care. Patient activation means having the knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage one's health and health-related outcomes. Several health care jurisdictions have established or enabled patient portals to provide patients with access to their personal health information. Northern Health has completed research and developed a strategy for patient portal implementation within both the acute, and primary and community health care settings within northern BC and has struck a steering committee and project team comprised of staff, physicians and leadership. The project has a project manager and a technical manager.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC