Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
The Revelstoke Chapter of the Rural and Remote Division of Family Practice is supporting a project focused on enhancing Adult Mental Health and Substance Use care and services in town. The project team is looking for volunteers to join the working group to help capture the patient perspective in this work.
Rural and Remote Division of Family Practice – Revelstoke Chapter
• The goal of this project is to enhance care for patients managing mental health and/or substance use concerns in Revelstoke.
• By engaging patient partners in this project who can speak freely about the experiences receiving care in Revelstoke, the working group hopes to ensure that changes will directly benefit the community of patients in a real and effective way ultimately improving patient care.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Experience in receiving medical care for mental health and/or substance use concerns in Revelstoke
• Comfortable sharing your experience in a group setting
• Willing to collaborate with group members with different perspectives and experiences
• Ability to attend meetings during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 to 5) up to 1 hour per month
• Number of patients: 2
• Meetings are currently virtual (on Zoom or similar platform) but may transition to in-person when circumstances allow. In-person meetings will be held downtown in Revelstoke.
• Working group is currently meeting for 1 hour every other month with plans to increase meeting frequency to 1 hour every month in the near future.
• Days/times of meetings are variable but take place during regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 9 and 5).
• Next meeting date/time is to be determined.
• This work is expected to continue for up to 1 year
Transportation costs (if/when in-person meetings are resumed). In-person meetings will be catered if held over lunch hour .
This project is funded by Shared Care BC. This organization seeks to improve patient care through collaboration between family physicians and specialist physicians. Local Revelstoke physicians with special interest in Adult Mental Health and Substance Use have spearheaded this project and are working with Community Connections (Revelstoke) Society and Interior Health to identify gaps in care and develop actionable strategies for improving services for local patients.
Terms of Reference is currently in development.
Most directly related to primary/community care.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region