Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Providence Health Care Seniors Care Program are seeking two patient partners to join the newly established Long Term Care Quality Council. This interdisciplinary committee is responsible for stewarding the Seniors Program’s 5 long term care homes and one assisted living facility to achieve world class clinical excellence and superior residents, family and care team experience.
Providence Health Care, Seniors Care Program
Patients partners will:
• Use their experience and perspective as a patient and family partner to provide input on goals, initiatives and decisions related to quality improvement in Long Term Care at PHC.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers from communities who:
• Ideally, have knowledge and experience with Providence Health Care Long Term Care
• Have sat in a committee previously (desired but not mandatory)
• Interest in health care quality and safety
• Ability to meet over Zoom on a quarterly basis
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, or are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity and determination of the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Will be discussed with successful patient partner
• Location: Currently, all meetings will be held virtually (Zoom)
• Commitment: Meetings are currently schedules on a quarterly basis. (may increase frequency as needed). Agendas and meeting notes are circulated and will require extra time to review. Additional correspondence via e-mail in between meetings may also be required.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
If meetings, in future, transition to in person, preapproved expenses, per PHC Travel Policy, related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed including mileage, parking, or public transit.
Providence Health Care Long Term Care Quality Council is responsible for adoption of a Quality improvement framework across all LTC homes, development, monitoring and evaluation of performance indicators and improvement initiatives. The council is also responsible for ensuring compliance with Accreditation Canada Standards, participation in development and recommendations to practice, policy and procedures.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council