Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in Saanich Peninsula & Gulf Islands
We are seeking patient partners to join the Saanich Peninsula Gulf Islands Quality Council to help ensure the patient voice is represented when quality initiatives are discussed and decisions made. If you live in this area, read on and learn how to get involved!
Open to: Patient partners in Saanich Peninsula & Gulf Islands
Lead Organization or DepartmentSaanich Peninsula and Gulf Islands, Island Health
AimThe Saanich Peninsula and Gulf Islands Quality Council is part of a group of Island Health Quality Councils that are responsible to set and meet high standards of care and to maintain a continuous commitment to quality improvement. Patient partners will be invited to draw upon their experiences of care and community knowledge to provide feedback on items discussed at Council meetings. This will assist the Council to better understand and consider the perspectives of patients and families, and to ensure that decisions and priorities reflect the needs and goals of patients we serve.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Patients or family partners who live in Saanich Peninsula or Gulf Islands and have experience of health services within Island Health.
- Comfortable participating in committee and working group settings, including sharing lived experiences to assist the group to understand the impact of decision on patients, families and the public.
- Willing to attend meetings at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital or Lady Minto Hospital on Salt Spring Island
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Leah Smith directly.
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Location: You can participate at Saanich Peninsula Hospital or Lady Minto Hospital – whichever you prefer
- Date and Time: Third Thursday of every month from 0930-1100.
- Term: 1 year with the possibility of extension
- Time Commitment: Meetings are held on a monthly basis and normally last 1.5 hours. Materials will be provided one week prior to each meeting and should be reviewed in. Review of meeting materials may take 1-2 hours.
ReimbursementMileage and parking will be reimbursed, as well as approved transit (e.g. bus fare).
BackgroundIsland Health recognizes people are better served when planning and decisions are made with the needs of the local community in mind. Health services have been organized around four broad geographic area based on where people live (population distribution), where Island Health provides care (concentration of staff) and distances between care locations. The Geography 3 Saanich Peninsula Gulf islands addresses the needs of people, sites, and services within and around North Saanich, the Peninsula, and Southern Gulf Islands. The Saanich Peninsula Gulf Islands Quality Council monitors service delivery, identifies improvement priorities and set standards to ensure quality of care across the care continuum of hospital and community based services. The Council is co-chaired by the Administrative Director and Medical Director and includes clinicians, managers, and representation from the quality and patient safety portfolio, as well as community-based clinicians and administrators.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Southern Vancouver Island