Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Greater Victoria area
Do you have an interest in advancing the delivery of acute care at one of British Columbia’s largest and most advanced hospitals? The Royal Jubilee Hospital is seeking a dynamic patient partner who shares in their passion to make RJH the best place to receive care! Join their team!
Open to: Patient partners in the Greater Victoria area
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Royal Jubilee Hospital Clinical Operations
AimThe Clinical Operations Committee provides leadership in the identification of and timely answers to issues that impact clinical operations at the Royal Jubilee Hospital. It also focuses on the development of long-term plans to address significant issues affecting the quality of care at RJH. The Committee’s, in-person meeting provides a way for clinical managers and directors to develop innovative, long-term plans to tackle issues affecting the care of patients. Patient partners are invited to actively participate in these planning meetings, helping to ensure that the team’s priorities and plans are informed by patients and positively impact the overall patient and family experience of care.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Patient or family partners who have received care at the Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Experience and comfort participating in small groups
- Comfortable sharing lived experiences in a group setting for the purposes of quality improvement.
- Volunteer or professional experience in strategic planning, management, program development or other complex operational endeavours with budgetary considerations would be an asset.
- Willing to travel to meetings at RJH
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- Please note: The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Kira Tozer directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 1
- Date and time: 2-4 hour meetings are held on a monthly basis, typically on the third Tuesday of the month from 11:00-3:00pm (subject to change).
- Location: In-person, Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Term: 1 year with possibility of extending for an additional year.
- Meeting materials will be provided in advance of meetings where possible, however, information will routinely be presented in an informal, verbal presentation and followed by discussion.
- Mileage and parking will be reimbursed, as well as approved transit (e.g. bus fare), on a monthly basis.
BackgroundThe Clinical Operations team is responsible for care provided in Medical, Surgery, Rehabilitation and Emergency Departments at the Royal Jubilee Hospital. The team consists of the senior managers of these service areas who are committed to identifying hospital-level barriers to providing the best patient care possible. It explores innovative ideas and uses data related to hospital performance and patient experience of care to determine where action may be required to address significant issues affecting the quality of in-patient care. The team is involved in many activities to improve the patient and family experience of care and focuses on matters such as patient access and flow, patient safety, and staff experience. Recognizing that quality improvement takes time, the team is also focused on development and implementation of long-term strategic plans. Island Health has a growing commitment to including the voice of patients and families in planning and decision making. The RJH Clinical Operations team is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment with patients, families, and care team members.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island