Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in and around the area of Campbell River
Do you have an interest in participating with like minded people from multiple professions all focused on improving care for patients in residential care facilities? Then this opportunity may be for you!
Open to: Patient partners in and around the area of Campbell River
Lead Organization or DepartmentCampbell River & District Division of Family Practice; Residential Care Initiative
AimWe are working to identify barriers, opportunities, and solutions for physicians in providing services to complex care patients in Residential Facilities in Campbell River. Advisory Committee Members will support activity that address issues of concern for improved patient care outcomes, improved physician experience and system efficiency.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org ). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityWe are seeking a member that lives in and around the area of Campbell River who has a familiarity with residential care in that community. Experience considered to be an asset:
- Personal experience with a residential care facility in the support of a family member or someone close to the volunteer
- Willing to share ideas in a diverse group
- Comfortable sharing their story
- Computer literacy and ability to work through email.
- Vacancies: 1
- The Advisory Committee currently meets on a monthly basis on Thursdays at 10:00 AM for approximately one (1) hour.The next meeting is scheduled for April 6th, 2017
- Meeting rooms are generally within the Campbell River Hospital. Attendance in-person is preferred
- We are asking for a minimum 1-year commitment
ReimbursementAn honorarium will be provided in relation to offsetting expenses related to travel (mileage/parking/per diems) to attend the meetings. Exact amount to be determined.
BackgroundThe Residential Care Initiative is designed to improve the patient-provider experience, reduce unnecessary hospital transfers as well as have data available to track the resulting higher quality of care. The initiative includes partnering with physicians, other professionals such as pharmacists, facility leaders, facility clinical staff and a member of the public. Evidence Based Reports will be filed on the progress on a regular basis and the patient partner will receive them. They will not have any confidential patient information and will be shared by email.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Central & North Vancouver Island