Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Having primary and community care meet the needs of patients and families with consistency and coordination across the region is the goal of the Regional Primary and Community Care Working Group. They are seeking two patient partners to assist with developing partnerships and identifying opportunities to improve how community members can access good quality health care in their community, across all ages and needs.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health
- To provide a regionally coordinated and responsive approach to the planning and implementation of Primary Care Networks (PCN), Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC) and Community Health Centres (CHC) across Fraser Health communities.
- Patient partners will offer a valuable perspective to the transformations of primary care in Fraser Health through the development of a regional strategy.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Have knowledge and experience with primary and community care in Fraser Health
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: During the day and in the evenings (in order to include General Practitioners (GPs) and community partners), to be determined with patient partners
- Location: Central City, Surrey
- Commitment: Monthly, In-Person meetings, one-year term
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses, per Fraser Health Travel Policy, related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed including mileage, parking and/or public transit.
BackgroundTo address the challenges related to timely access to the health care system Doctors, Divisions of Family Practice, Health Authorities, and the province are working together to create an integrated system of care across BC. The goal is for patients to have access to quality primary health care that effectively meets their needs. This integrated system includes the Patient Medical Home (PMH), Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC), Community Health Centres (CHC), and the Primary Care Network (PCN). The Patient Medical Home is a team-based family practice where patients get most of their care and their primary care providers focus on diagnoses, patient relationships, and longitudinal care. The Primary Care Network (PCN) is a clinical network of physicians and other providers in a geographic area who work together in new ways to expand team-based supports for General Practitioners (GPs) and patients. The Regional Primary Care Working Group includes leadership representatives from the following services:
- Aboriginal Health, Biomedical Engineering, Communications, Diversity Services, Equipment and Facility Management, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Infection Control, Security, Lab, Medical Imaging, Pharmacy, Nurse Practitioners, Public Health, and Workplace Health
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley