Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Fraser Health is looking for energetic, community-minded patients and families who can contribute their voices to the improvement of health care services across Fraser Health. They are seeking 4-6 patient advisors that are interested in working together with Fraser Health leaders to ensure patient voices remain a critical part of any decisions.
• To encourage community members to partner with Fraser Health, its senior leaders and health care providers to provide strategic advice on advancing a person-centred approach to care and services. The work of the Regional Patient & Family Advisory Council (RPFAC) is supported by Fraser Health values of respect, caring and trust and the Our Shared Commitments.
• Patient partners’ feedback acknowledges the important role played by patients in developing improved health care services across Fraser Health.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a system-wide strategic leadership level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in developing, implementing and evaluating national, provincial and regional policy and/or research to ensure the health care system is responsive to the patients’ experience as much as possible.
Fraser Health Communities who are:
• Passionate about improving health care services.
• Interested in working with senior leadership to find innovative opportunities for improvement.
• Great at working in a team environment.
• Able to share their experience, with a lens of how it can support improvements in the health care system level.
• Able to commit to meetings using Microsoft Teams.
Please note: a health care team/patient partner meet and greet will take place prior to determination of patient partner involvement
• Number: 4-6
• Date/Time: Will be discussed with successful patient partner.
• Location: At this time all meetings are virtual via Zoom.
• Commitment: Two-year team. 2-hour meetings. (One meeting in December and no meetings in August), with material reviews between meetings On the 2nd Monday morning of every month the patient partners meet to brainstorm possible agenda items and discuss action items. On the 4th Monday morning of every month the council meets (both Fraser Health leaders and patient partners).
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Regional Patient and Family Advisory Council (RPFAC) has been active for over 10 years and has supported Fraser Health to ensure their valuable perspective is included prior to making decisions about care and services. In the last year, the council has provided feedback on:
– Virtual Care projects
– Real Time Patient Experience Survey questions and implementation
– Webpage content
– Service Delivery Plan
– Redevelopment projects
– Quality Strategic Plan
– Patient Education Catalogue
– Policies and other decision support tools
Council members we also invited to be a part of:
– Leadership panel interviews
– Share their story to support healthcare provider education
– Endorse improvements in patient entertainment
– Quality Forum
See attached Terms of Reference