Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Every patient that uses Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) wants to have timely, appropriate, effective and safe care. The RCH redevelopment team is looking for four-six patient partners to join the redevelopment project team to discuss, plan, and advise decisions on the new RCH critical care tower.
Royal Columbian Hospital – Fraser Health
• To address RCH redevelopment needs such as wayfinding, interior design and navigating hospital admission services.
• Patient partners provide their perspective, based on their lived experience, on design and workflow questions.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers from Fraser communities area who:
• Have had personal experience with Royal Columbian Hospital.
• Passionate about improving health care services.
• Like working in a team environment.
• Want to share their experience, with a lens of how it can support improvements.
• Able to commit to meetings using online platforms.
Please note: a health care team/patient partner meet and greet will take place prior to determination of patient partner involvement.
• Number of vacancies: 4-6
• Date/Time: To be determined, in discussion with selected patient partners. Meetings will be planned based upon participants availability.
• Commitment: Monthly meetings for approximately 1-2 hours. One year term.
• Location: Online meetings.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) is being redesigned to meet the demands of the growing population. This is a multi-year, multi-phase project to increase the size and services of the hospital.
This project is currently in phase 2, which includes construction of a new acute care tower and an expanded Emergency Department.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council