Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Are you interested in patient safety? The Quality Management Committee is looking for an Aboriginal patient partner to attend a monthly meeting and provide a patient perspective.
Interior Health – Medicine & Quality
The Quality Management Committee establishes and articulates the vision for quality and patient safety. We want to make sure our plan includes a culturally safe perspective. The role of the patient partner is to ensure that an Aboriginal perspective and experiences of care are considered in every aspect of the committee’s work.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Experience with quality improvement and/or patient safety
• Strategic thinking
• Comfortable sharing your experiences from your perspective
• Preference will be given to a patient partner who self-identifies as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, Inuit)
• Number of patients: 1
• Location, date, time and frequency:
– Monthly meeting from 8:30am to 12:30pm
– Due to COVID-19 all meetings are being held remotely
– Meetings are anticipated to continue over a year
– There are currently 17 members on the committee and you will be joining 3 PVN members
Reimbursement for travel (mileage as per IH policy); parking. To be reimbursed approximately 30 days after the meeting.
The QMC establishes and articulates the vision for quality and patient safety on behalf of the Senior Executive Team. QMC sets the clinical service strategy; identifies clinical innovation (new/improved); establishes and provides recommendations on and monitors the implementation of IH’s Quality & Patient Safety Plan; and provides oversight of organization‐level measures related to quality improvement and patient safety.
The patient partner will provide their lens and feedback on clinical service strategies and innovation; provide recommendations regarding the implementation of the Interior Health (IH) Quality & Patient Safety Plan; and provide oversight of organizational measures for quality improvement and patient safety.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region