Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across BC
Would you like to help plan one of the largest quality improvement conferences in Canada? This is your chance! The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC) is inviting two patient partners to join the steering committee responsible for planning Quality Forum 2019. The annual conference will take place February 26 – 28, 2019 in Vancouver, and will feature three days of presentations and interactive workshops on a variety of topics related to improving quality across the continuum of care.
Open to: Patient partners across BC
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimThe BCPSQC strives to include a wide range of health care stakeholders from across BC who can be counted on to provide diverse perspectives to the Quality Forum 2019 (QF19) steering committee. This committee will provide guidance and input on forum content, event flow, and the overall participant experience. Patient partners will be engaged as members of this committee to actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Open to patient partners from across BC
- Patients should be comfortable interacting with a diverse range of health care partners, both in-person and using web-based platforms (i.e. WebEx)
- BCPSQC would like to engage patients from multiple health regions, if possible
- Patient partners should be interested in quality improvement across the healthcare continuum
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested, please contact Teresa Bissenden directly to see if accommodations may be possible
- Vacancies: 2
- Committee will meet monthly (1 to 1.5 hours in duration) beginning in April 2018 (tentative first meeting the week of April 23). There will also be one full-day face-to-face meeting in Vancouver (tentatively planned for May 2018)
- Majority of meetings will be run using WebEx
- Commitment required is for 7-12 months, including attendance at the 2019 Quality Forum
ReimbursementThe BCPSQC will cover all travel costs incurred to attend the in-person steering committee meeting(s) and the Quality Forum 2019 event in accordance with the provincial Travel Policy guidelines for reimbursement. The BCPSQC will also able provide complimentary registration to all main programming and pre-Forum 2019 events.
BackgroundQuality Forum 2019 will be our eighth annual conference, featuring three days of presentations and interactive workshops on a variety of topics related to improving quality across the continuum of care. The Forum brings together clinicians, quality improvement leaders, patients partners, students, researchers, administrators, board members and senior executives from across the province to celebrate successes, address challenges and identify strategies for advancing the quality of health care. The main programming and pre-Forum events present a great opportunity to learn new skills, discuss opportunities and challenges, and network with others interested in improving health care in British Columbia. More information about the event is available at QualityForum.ca, including reports that highlight the impact of previous events as well as information on the opportunities for patient partners in the event. The steering committee will be composed of a total of approximately 25 people from across the BC health system,. We will proactively take measures to ensure a welcome, respectful environment to promote comfort and open discussion at all times.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement