Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Would you like to help plan one of the largest quality improvement conferences in Canada? This is your chance! The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is inviting two patient partners to join the steering committee responsible for planning Quality Forum 2018. The annual conference takes place February 21-23, 2018 in Vancouver, and will feature three days of presentations and interactive workshops on a variety of topics related to improving quality across the continuum of care.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimThe BCPSQC strives to include a wide range of health care stakeholders from across BC who can be counted on to provide diverse perspectives to the Quality Forum 2018 (QF18) steering committee. This committee will provide guidance and input on forum content, event flow, and the overall participant experience. Patient partners will be engaged as members of this committee to ensure that the patient voice is reflected and included in the overall design of QF18.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to patient partners across BC.
- Preference will be given to those who have attended Quality Forum previously.
- Patients should be comfortable interacting with a diverse range of health care partners, both in-person and using web-based platforms (i.e. WebEx).
- BCPSQC would like to engage patients from multiple health regions, if possible.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Committee will meet monthly (1 to 1.5 hours in duration) beginning in April 2017 (tentative first meeting date is April 18). There will also be one full-day face-to-face meeting in Vancouver (tentatively planned for May 2017).
- Majority of meetings will be run using WebEx.
- Commitment required is for 7-12 months.
ReimbursementThe BCPSQC will cover all travel costs incurred to attend the in-person steering committee meeting(s) and the Quality Forum 2018 event in accordance with the provincial Travel Policy guidelines for reimbursement. The BCPSQC will also able provide complimentary registration to all main programming and pre-Forum events.
BackgroundQuality Forum 2018 will be our seventh annual conference, featuring three days of presentations and interactive workshops on a variety of topics related to improving quality across the continuum of care. The Forum brings together clinicians, quality improvement leaders, patients, students, researchers, administrators, board members and senior executives from across the province to celebrate successes, address challenges and identify strategies for advancing the quality of health care. The main programming and pre-Forum events present a great opportunity to learn new skills, discuss opportunities and challenges, and network with others interested in improving health care in British Columbia. More information about the event is available at QualityForum.ca. In particular, a report outlining the impact of the first five years of the event. The steering committee will be composed of a total of approximately 24 people from across the BC health system, so comfort speaking in front of a group that size would be beneficial. We will proactively take measures to ensure a welcome, respectful environment to promote comfort and open discussion at all times.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior