Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to One Indigenous patient partner from across the province (including youth), one volunteer from Vancouver Island region, one volunteer from Northern Health region
Patient Voices Network’s Oversight & Advisory Committee is looking for three new patient partner representatives, including one Indigenous representative.
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
• The Patient Voices Network (PVN) is administered by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council and is guided by an Oversight & Advisory Committee (O&A) which includes members from health authorities, health care organizations, the Ministry of Health, and BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (the Council), as well as an equal number of patient partner representatives from across the province.
• As a member of the Committee, the patient partner role is to work with all committee members to co-design, guide and support the activities of PVN. The committee provides guidance and recommendations to the Council in leading PVN and ensures patient voices are included in the planning of PVN’s strategic directions and activities.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Open to patient partners from:
– One Indigenous patient partner from across the province (including youth)
– One volunteer from Vancouver Island region
– One volunteer from Northern Health region
• Open to Indigenous patient partners throughout the province, and other patient partners in the Vancouver Island or Northern regions
The Committee includes patient partner members who are diverse in age and cultural background, and representative of all regions in the province. We are looking for individuals who:
– Have a passion for patient and public engagement
– Are seeking leadership opportunities to assist in guiding and supporting PVN
– Have some experience in patient and public engagement with PVN
– Have regular access to email and are comfortable with attending virtual meetings using Zoom (training can be provided); and are comfortable participating in discussions with health professionals
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and two Oversight & Advisory Committee Members
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Rachelle Ferrer directly to see if accommodations may be possible
– If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your ability to do so, please contact Rachelle Ferrer
• Number of vacancies: 3
• Date/Time of meetings:
– Meeting times are currently every two months for 90 minutes via Zoom teleconference
– When it is safe to do so, additional meetings are held 1-2 times a year full-day in-person in Vancouver
– Meetings take place Monday – Friday between 9:00-5:00pm
– The first Oversight & Advisory meeting for newly appointed members will be on Monday, December 6th, 2021
• Location: virtual/in-person meetings twice a year (in accordance to public health guidelines)
• Commitment: Term memberships for committee members are two years. Committee members who have completed their terms are welcome to renew their membership for up to two more years.
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Rachelle Ferrer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Please note, BCPSQC is currently conducting all meetings in a virtual setting to support the physical distancing and safety guidelines.
Please refer to our Terms of Reference for more information on roles and responsibilities of the Committee.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationRachelle Ferrer | Project Coordinator
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council