Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Are you looking to shape the future of virtual health care? If yes, consider applying for this opportunity to provide the patient perspective as Health Authorities and key stakeholders plan to align, and improve on virtual health practices and education in their regions. This will also include input on the implementation of Ministry of Health guidelines.
Organization & Department
Provincial Health Services Authority – Office of Virtual Care
The aim of the working group is to set priorities, develop educational resources and ensure cultural safety when implementing virtual care guidelines from the Ministry of Health across the province. As a patient partner, you will provide input, feedback, guidance, and endorsement of virtual care practices and education documents and tools.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Access to a computer, smart phone or tablet and internet
• Availability and desire to attend scheduled monthly meetings, providing agenda topics as they arise, and notifying members of the committee of any matters which may impact the working group
• Available to review periodic documents between meetings
• It is important for us to include an Indigenous perspective in this work to help us explore the cultural safety aspects of virtual care
Please note that informal interviews may form part of the recruitment process.
• Number of vacancies: 3
• Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
– Meetings will be held on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 10-11 am PST
– All meetings will be held by teleconference
– It is anticipated that this work will continue for over a period of a year
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your internet provider and data limit, please contact Cassy Mitchell at email@example.com otherwise no expenses are anticipated.
This working group was founded to create a forum to understand the gaps and set priorities in virtual health clinical practices and education across the province whilst implementing new guidelines from the Ministry of Health. Members from each BC Health Authority, the Doctors of BC, Patient Partners and other provincial stakeholders will meet to discuss and collaborate on virtual care topics.