Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
A great opportunity awaits you to help shape the future of digital health care in British Columbia! The Ministry of Health is developing a digital health strategy to create an integrated and sustainable health care system. If you enjoy thinking strategically and collaboratively, and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity and time, please consider joining this senior decision-making committee.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Ministry of Health
AimThe Provincial Clinical Leadership Committee provides direction on health sector-wide Information Management and Technology (IMIT) related to clinical policies, practice standards, and the impact of proposed IMIT solutions on clinical users. Examples of IMIT solutions currently being developed are a Health Gateway to provide citizens with secure access to their health information, projects using personal health records platforms, and the use of virtual care, home health monitoring and consumer devices. We are seeking a patient representative to add their perspective to the important work of this governance committee.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners across the province who:
- Have experience working in large groups
- Are comfortable exploring complex and challenging topics with other subject matter experts
- Are comfortable working with uncertainty and the need for compromise between competing priorities
- Are familiar with health information management and information technology such as Health Gateway, projects using personal health records platforms, the use of virtual care, home health monitoring and consumer devices
- Are comfortable using technology to join online meetings
- Are able to attend all meetings (scheduled every two months)
- Vacancies: 1
- Date and time: Meetings are held every two months (the first Monday of the month) and are typically three hours long. The next meeting is scheduled for May 4 from 1-4 pm.
- Location: Most meetings will be online, but ad-hoc in person meetings in Victoria may be called at the discretion of the chair
- Commitment: 12 months
ReimbursementFor in person meetings all travel expenses will be reimbursed as per Ministry of Health reimbursement policy.
BackgroundA Health Sector Digital Health Strategy (DHS) has been established with the mission to create an integrated and sustainable health care system that delivers improved health outcomes and embraces a culture of innovation, trust and partnerships. The goals of the DHS are:
- Patient empowerment - Empower patients as partners in their care and wellness 2. Integrated care - Create an integrated and comprehensive team-based care experience for patients and clinicians 3. Improved care team experience - Build a culture of trust, collaboration and joy in work to support the care team in delivering quality health care 4. Enhanced decision support - Provide timely, accessible, accurate information and tools to support clinical and system planning decisions
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior