Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Prince George area
The Prince George Joint Leadership Committee for Health is an innovative, integrated and collaborative governance and oversight table for all of the work in the Primary Care arena. We’re looking for two patient partners to become members of the committee to share their patient experience and help with the redesign work as the committee has recently expanded to take on governance responsibilities. If you enjoy thinking strategically and collaboratively, and can offer your enthusiasm, creativity, patience and time, please consider this engagement opportunity.
Open to: Patient partners in the Prince George area
Lead Organization or DepartmentPrince George Division of Family Practice
AimThe aim is to incorporate patient voices on the Prince George Joint Leadership Committee for Health. Through this committee a focus will be on primary care areas such as care in the right place, engagement, wellness and quality, communication and relationships.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners from Prince George who have:
- Committee experience and/or comfort speaking in groups
- Comfort around physicians and senior leaders
- Experience working at a strategic planning or systems level is an asset
- We are seeking people who represent diverse perspectives, which may include but are not limited to geography/neighbourhood, culture, ethnic or national origin, marital status, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, income variety, education, work experience, genetic characteristics, family status, disability, and/or experiences with health challenges or health care. The composition of the Joint Leadership Committee is guided by the desire to learn and to share perspectives and experiences from across a diverse population and broad demographic balance.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date and time: Six meetings a year: Sept 23, Oct 21 and Nov 25 from 5-7pm (2020 meeting schedule to be determined)
- Format: In-person
- Location: To be determined
- 12-month commitment required
ReimbursementParking expenses and mileage will be reimbursed as per the Division of Family Practice Reimbursement Policy. Light refreshments will be provided during the meetings.
BackgroundThe Joint Leadership Committee has existed since 2011 and was originally known as the Collaborative Services Committee (CSC). The committee has changed a lot since it was first created, and has recently expanded to take on the governance responsibility for the Prince George Primary Care Network. The committee has added specialists, partners, indigenous organizations and community representatives to its membership. The responsibility of the committee is to:
- Provide governance to care initiatives that involve the member partners in whole or to the extent that all partners agree an initiative is within the scope of this committee. The Prince George Primary Care Network (PCN) is an example of such an initiative. For complex initiatives such as the PCN, the functions of design and implementation may be delegated to sub-committees such as the Prince George Committee Supporting Primary Care Homes (CSPCH).
- Steering committee members are responsible to ensure the timely reporting to the Steering Committee Chair of any developments that could reasonably be seen to have a significant and/or material impact on the work of the steering committee.
- Other shared responsibilities
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior