Posted • Last updated
Deadline: Open until filled
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Penticton and Summerland area
BC is embarking on the first wave of introducing Primary Care Networks across the province and we are excited that Penticton/Summerland has been chosen. We’re looking for people who have a passion to see changes in how we can access primary care services in our communities.
Open to: Patient partners in the Penticton and Summerland area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimPrimary Care Networks are a partnership between health authorities, physicians, and other community providers working together to provide all of the primary care services a population requires. At this stage of our planning we would like to have the involvement of interested citizens to provide a perspective on what we are hoping to achieve. We have until mid-June to complete a plan for submission.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Have accessed or had difficulty accessing primary care services (i.e. physician, nurse practitioner).
- Willing to learn about the model of primary care reform through reading documents and meeting with a staff member in advance of the first meeting.
- Ability and comfort in concisely offering input, suggestions, or critiques.
- Vacancies: 1
- Patient partners would be asked to join a 1 hour meeting weekly (Friday 7:30 - 8:30) until early June
- A three hour meeting will be held on April 20th 07:30 - 10:30 in Penticton
ReimbursementMileage and parking will be covered.
BackgroundBC has been working towards Primary Care reform for a number of years. The Ministry of Health policy papers that are the foundation for this work can be accessed here. Partners at the table include Interior Health, physicians, the South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice, and Penticton Indian Band.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region