Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Northern Region
Precision health involves approaches that everyone can do on their own to protect their health as well as steps that public health can take. We are seeing the beginning stages of precision health moving from the laboratory to clinical settings. Now is an ideal time to discuss what precision health is and how it will impact health care. We would like to hear what matters to you regarding precision health, and use this information to design a larger scale survey about the topic for an upcoming workshop.
Northern Health, Quality and Innovation
In collaboration with patient partners, develop a pre-workshop survey to determine what matters to the public with regards to precision health and precision public health.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
A person who is collaborative and curious about precision health
• Patients, Caregivers and parents or other family members are welcome
• Access to the internet and comfort with accessing resources online such as YouTube
• If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
• Number of vacancies: 5-8
• Date and Time: August, exact dates TBC
– 1 hour focus group
– 1 hour meeting to review and test the proposed survey
– up to 3 hours of preparation time (this includes time to review resources related to the topic)
• Location: virtual via zoom
• Commitment: one week to six months
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cathy Almost at email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Dr. Sarah Dewell, UNBC School of Nursing is leading the development of a virtual workshop (to be held Dec 2021) about precision health (PH) and public precision health (PPH) for both providers and patients. The workshop intends to enhance understanding of what PH/PPH is (and what is it not) and build relational practice in order to foster PH/PPH implementation and uptake for all stakeholders. To ensure the workshop achieves these aims, it is necessary to collect information from interested and affected parties about what matters to them about precision health and use this information to inform the structure and content of the workshop. Collecting information about public understandings, values, and priorities related to precision health/public precision health will allow workshop organizers to address current concerns, improve health literacy related to PH/PPH, clarify language/definitions and enhance the relevance of the workshop.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCathy Almost
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region