Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Island Health region
The Island Health Physician Quality Improvement Steering Committee informs work related to physician-led, patient-centred quality improvement within the health system. The committee is seeking two patient partners to bring a well-rounded perspective to this important work!
Open to: Patient partners in the Island Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Physician Quality Improvement, Medical & Academic Affairs
AimThe core responsibility of the Steering Committee (SC) is to govern the implementation of the PQI Initiative within Island Health. Duties include overseeing implementation of the PQI funding proposal to ensure alignment with the overall Island Health and MoH quality improvement strategies; establishing guidelines, processes and policies with respect to the use of funds; monitoring/managing the scope and costs according to information/reports provided by staff; and actively promoting awareness of the initiative’s activity within Island Health to encourage sustainability, spread and coordination with other related projects and programs, among other things.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners in the Vancouver Island region
- Health System background and/or knowledge
- Committee or working group experience
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: Meetings are two hours in duration, bi-monthly, and held in person with teleconference and videoconference links available. Meeting attendance is at the discretion of the patient. The meeting organizer will liaise with the patient representative to determine topics of interest on each meeting agenda.
- Location: In-person meeting location alternates between Victoria and Nanaimo
- Commitment: Seven months to one year
ReimbursementPQI will cover parking expenses related to in-town meetings. If travel is required to an out-of-town meeting location, PQI will cover parking, mileage, meals and hotel expenses if applicable.
BackgroundThe PQI Joint Steering Committee exists as a requirement of the PQI funding agreement between Island Health and Specialist Services Committee (one of the four joint collaborative committees of Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health). The committee addresses a broad range of topics, including considering/approving funding requests for physician-led QI activities, reviewing provincial initiative evaluation reports, communication issues, utilization of initiative manpower and other resources, and may include other topics depending on the business at hand. The PQI Joint Steering Committee currently consists of 7 physicians, 4 representatives from Island Health and 3 representatives from the Specialist Services Committee.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island