Posted • Last updated
Connection methods: Virtual, In-person
Open to Interior Region, patient partners from Penticton area
Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for Patient Partners to join our Patient Advisory Council for one-hour, monthly committee meetings, which will be held in-person with a Zoom option.
Interior Health, Penticton Regional Hospital
The aim of this Patient Advisory Council is to provide an opportunity for patients, families, and caregivers to lend their experience to improving the quality of health care services at Penticton Regional Hospital.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Interior Health region, Penticton area
• Have an interest in being part of a Patient Advisory Council for a local hospital
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by this health authority.
– As connection and relationship building is important, we may like to meet with short listed patient partners as part of our selection process in an informal interview between the patient partner and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at a health care site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 3
• Date/Time: Once a month, 2-3 hours, 4th Wednesday of each month, from 2pm-4pm, with ad hoc reading and emails between meetings.
• Location: In-person at the Penticton General Hospital, with a virtual “Zoom” option available.
• Commitment: 7 months to one year.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
There is a growing demand for patient, family and caregiver involvement in the design, evaluation and delivery of care at the local level. There is a desire in Penticton Regional Hospital to develop meaningful partnerships with patients, families and caregivers on key committees and important service planning initiatives. The PRH PAC includes energetic, community-minded patients and families who can contribute their voice to the improvement of hospital and community health services in Penticton.
Patient and Advisory Councils (PAC) are regular meetings that promote the development of meaningful partnerships between patient, family and caregivers and health care teams. Opportunities include advancing a patient and family centered approach to health and improving the patient experience. Also, important issues facing employees, patients, and families in hospital and/or communities are examined. Health care teams can bring issues and items to the council to ensure a patient, family and caregiver perspective is considered.