Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Are you a thoughtful communicator who is willing to use your experience as a parent of a child or youth to contribute to a council focused on improving the quality of Pediatric Acute Care at hospitals across Island Health? Join us on the Island Health Pediatric Quality Council!
Island Health, Child, Youth and Family
The Pediatric Quality Council meets on a monthly basis to approve standards of care, review adverse patient events, identify improvements and celebrate successes. This council is one of over 20 councils that address quality matters and improve health care. We are looking for patient partners who have recent experience of their child or youth receiving care from an acute care or rehabilitation program in Island health. Patient partners will be invited to draw upon their experience of care and community knowledge to contribute to decision focussed meetings.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Vancouver Island region
• You have recent experience of your child or youth receiving care from an acute care or rehabilitation program in Island health
• Comfortable sharing your experience of care as a parent
• Comfortable with formal meetings of up to 14 people
• Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 4
• Date/Time: 3rd Thursday of each month for 1.5 hours from 8am-9:30am; additional time will be required for reading documents before and after meetings.
• Meetings beginning September 20,2021
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 1 year (possibly longer)
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
This is a newly established quality council and we are looking for patient partners to help improve the patient experience. We are looking for patient partners who have recent experience of their child or youth receiving care from an acute care or rehabilitation program in Island health. Patient partners will be invited to draw upon their experience of care and community knowledge to contribute to decision focussed meetings. Please see the linked Terms of Reference document for more information including our guiding principles: Pediatric-TORs-May-2021.docx
Health Care Partner Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island