Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior region
You can make an impact and improve the patient experience in the neonatal intensive care unit at Royal Inland Hospital!
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Royal Inland Hospital
AimThe goal of this initiative is to advance the patient and family centred approach within Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The aim of the initiative is to increase patient and family experiences in the NICU. The role of the patient partner will be as an advisor who helps inform the improvement process.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Comfortable telling your story
- Experienced a recent (within the last three years) admission of newborn to the RIH NICU
- Interest in quality improvement
- Have an interest in providing input into achieving patient- and family-centredness within the RIH NICU
LogisticsVacancies: 14 Location, date, time and frequency:
- Meetings will be held bimonthly
- Meetings will be held in person at the RIH or off-site location, or via teleconference.
- At the beginning of each year, the PFAC will determine meeting dates/times to ensure the maximum amount of representation including consideration of evening meetings if applicable
ReimbursementThere are no reimbursements at this time.
BackgroundThe purpose of the RIH NICU Patient Family Advisory Counsel is to make recommendations on matters that impact the patient experience in the NICU. In addition to a patient partners, membership will include RIH leadership, Physicians, the NICU Clinical Practice Educator, direct care staff, and quality improvement consultant. All members of the Patient Family Advisory Counsel will be asked to work in partnership with others, communicate effectively, be open and respectful to the perspectives of others, adhere to the IH confidentiality agreement and attend scheduled meetings.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region