Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners from Kamloops and surrounding areas
You can make an impact and improve the patient experience in the neonatal intensive care unit at Royal Inland Hospital!
Interior Health – Royal Inland Hospital, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The goal of this initiative is to advance our patient and family centred approach and improve patient and family experiences within Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The role of the patient partner will be as an advisor who helps inform the improvement process.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Comfortable telling your story
• Experienced a recent (within the last three years) admission of newborn to the RIH NICU
• Interest in quality improvement
• Have an interest in providing input into achieving patient- and family-centredness within the RIH NICU
Number of vacancies: 14
Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
• Meetings will be held monthly (beginning fall of 2021)
• Meetings will be held via video call
• At the beginning of each year, the PFAC will determine meeting dates/times to ensure the maximum amount of representation including consideration of evening meetings if applicable
Since meetings will be held virtually, there are no reimbursable expenses anticipated.
The purpose of the RIH NICU Patient & Family Advisory Counsel is to make recommendations on matters that impact the patient experience in the NICU. In addition to patient partners, membership will include RIH leadership, Physicians, the NICU Clinical Practice Educator, direct care staff, and a quality improvement consultant.
All members of the Patient & Family Advisory Council will be asked to work in partnership with others, communicate effectively, be open and respectful to the perspectives of others, adhere to the IH confidentiality agreement and attend scheduled meetings.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region