Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in Nanaimo
Are you interested in strategic work involving physicians, Island Health leaders and representatives from the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC? The Collaborative Services Committee is planning for changes to primary and community health care in Nanaimo and looking for a patient voice to inform this work!
Open to: Patient partners in Nanaimo
Lead Organization or DepartmentNanaimo Division of Family Practice
AimThe primary and community care system change is intended to improve the patient and provider experience and improve population health within a sustainable system. The patient perspective will be important to help shape future recommendations about improvements to primary and community care in Nanaimo. The patient partners will participate during interactive round table discussions focused on initiatives that support these improvements.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners in Nanaimo
- Experience participating in large strategic decision-making tables
- Comfortable with consensus decision-making model
- Some familiarity with primary and community care
- Please note:
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: Two, to share the role and keep each other informed between monthly meetings
- Date/time: Third Wednesday evening of every month. Meetings take place over dinner from 5:45 - 8:00pm
- Location: Nanaimo
- Commitment: One year with the possibility of renewal
ReimbursementPre-approved transportation and parking costs to attend meetings will be reimbursed by the Nanaimo Division of Family Practice. Dinner will provided at the meeting.
BackgroundThe Collaborative Services Committee (CSC) was created to foster collaboration between family physicians, the health authority, and the GPSC, which is a joint partnership of the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC. Nanaimo’s Collaborative Services Committee has been meeting for 8 years and recently took on the role of the Steering Committee for the planning and implementation of changes to Nanaimo’s primary and community care system to make it more integrated and support patients at the place they seek the majority of their care, a family physician’s office. See Nanaimo Division of Family Practice Website for more information. The Collaborative Services Committee members include representatives from:
- Island Health
- General Practice Service Committee, Doctors of BC
- Nanaimo Division of Family Practice
- First Nations Health Authority
- Snuneymuxw First Nation
- Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Friendship Centre
- City of Nanaimo
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island