Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Interior Health is looking to expand the content and functionality available to citizens through the MyHealthPortal application and is hoping to include one volunteer to attend monthly, one-hour sessions to represent patient voices.
Come help be part of the expansion of this user-friendly application and empower Interior Health patients with access to their personal health information!
Interior Health, Digital Patient Solutions
The aim of the initiative is to examine ways to expand the content and functionality of Interior Health’s patient portal through technological means while ensuring the publics perspective is included.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• General understanding of British Columbia and Interior Health medical system
• Experience and understanding of patients from a variety of different backgrounds (eg: educational, socio-economical)
• Understanding of patient / citizen interaction(s) with various forms of technology
• Comfortable with patient portals such as the MyHealthPortal or the Provincial Health Gateway
• Experience in understanding technology from a user perspective
• Number of vacancies: 1
• Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
• Meetings will be scheduled monthly for 1 hour based on availability of group members
• Due to COVID-19 meetings will be held virtually until further notice
• It is anticipated that this work will continue for a period of up to a year
At this time there are no expenses anticipated as meetings will be held virtually. If and when the meetings return to in-person, pre-approved expenses such as mileage will be covered as per IH policy.
MyHealthPortal is a patient-facing application that was launched in 2016.
Interior Health has a number of different stakeholders from a variety of different departments that will also be providing input on the direction of the project. To further this you will not be representing patient voices alone! The MyHealthPortal initiative already has one Patient Voices Representative who has been involved in this Steering Committee for a number of years and will be continuing in this role.
This project is related to the Clinical Informatics, Community & Enterprise Systems portfolio at Interior Health which aims to improve the health and well being for all through technological means.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region