Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
To shape primary health care, a variety of experiences and voices at the table are needed. The Mission PCN team are seeking two patient partners to assist with developing partnerships and identifying opportunities to improve how community members can access good, quality health care in their community, across all ages and needs.
Fraser Health and Mission Division of Family Practice
• To provide a regionally coordinated and responsive approach to the planning and implementation of Primary Care Networks (PCN) that includes Mission. PCNs review service plans and engage with multiple community stakeholders including PCN Managers, Fraser Health, and the Mission Division of Family Practice.
• Patient partners will offer a valuable perspective to the transformations of primary care in Mission by contributing to the development of a regional strategy that will directly impact the services in communities.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
Open to volunteers from Fraser Health communities who:
Have knowledge and experience with primary health care and chronic disease management in Mission.
Ability to meet virtually so COVID-19 restrictions can be followed effectively.
Understand the current resources and the gaps in Mission primary care services.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
Number of patient partners: 2
• Date/Time: Daytime and evenings (to include General Practitioners (GPs) and community partners), to be determined with patient partners.
• Location: Virtual and/or Mission
• Commitment: Monthly, In-Person meetings/Virtual, One-Year Term
No anticipated expenses currently. If meetings return to in person, preapproved expenses, per Fraser Health Travel Policy, related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed including mileage, parking and/or public transit.
To address the challenges related to timely access to the health care system Doctors, Divisions of Family Practice, Health Authorities, and the province are working together to create an integrated system of care across BC. The goal is for patients to have access to quality primary health care that effectively meets their needs.
This integrated system includes the Patient Medical Home (PMH), Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC), Community Health Centres (CHC), and the Primary Care Network (PCN). The Patient Medical Home is a team-based family practice where patients get most of their care and their primary care providers focus on diagnoses, patient relationships, and longitudinal care. The Primary Care Network (PCN) is a clinical network of physicians and other providers in a geographic area who work together in new ways to expand team-based supports for General Practitioners (GPs) and patients.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland Region