Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners across Interior Health
Interior Health wants to make it easier for everyone to know who is involved in people’s care! The Mental Health & Substance Use Services working group needs a patient partner member to help us find the best way to make it clear who people’s care providers are.
Open to: Patient partners across Interior Health
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Mental Health and Substance Use
AimWhen people use Mental Health & Substance Use health care, we want to make sure everyone in the health care team, including families, know who to contact and what the health care worker does. We want to have the patient partner be part of our working group, so we know whether the plan makes sense to patients and their circle of care.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Comfortable participating in groups.
- Access to phone and computer if not living in Kelowna.
- Mental Health & Substance Use experience would be helpful.
- Some basic understanding of computer technology.
- Vacancies: 2
- First Meeting date: TBD
- Format: In-person in Kelowna or by tele/video conference from outside of Kelowna
- Frequency: TBD
- Commitment: up to 1 year
- Parking paid if in Kelowna.
- Not able to pay for any travel if living outside Kelowna.
- This is part of the Ministry of Health work on improving primary and community care for people with mental health and substance use conditions.
- It links into working as teams in giving care to people.
- The working group will be health care workers and leaders in mental health & substance use, and also our computer technology people.
- There should be no- to- minimal risk.
- Care setting is mental health and substance use services in community health clinics.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo and Kootenays