Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Interior Health is (re)designing a number of the processes for booking MRI and CT exams and is looking for patient partners to help guide us. Help us ensure our communications and booking processes can best serve the community.
Interior Health – Medical Imaging
Interior Health is embarking on a multi-year provincial strategy to improve access to MRI and CT exams for patients across BC. Patients will use their experiences accessing MRI and CT services to help guide and shape the development and refinement of these strategies.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Experience with MRI or CT imaging within last five years – either as the person who has received imaging or supporting in the role of caregiver/family member
• We hope to diversify our patient committee members across the vast geography of Interior Health, as well as experience with medical imaging, age, gender and ethnicity
• Number of patients: 2
• Location, date, time and frequency:
– It is anticipated that meetings will be held virtually, meeting monthly during work hours
– The exact time/date will be determined based on availability of membership
– It is anticipated that this work will continue for a period of up to one year
There are no reimbursable expenses are anticipated at this time.
The Ministry of Health has developed a Medical Imaging Action Plan for 2021-22. The advisory committee will provide a forum to seek feedback from medical imaging leaders at all IH sites that provide MRI and/or CT services, as well as patient and community physician partners to share experiences and make recommendations on how IH will fulfill these actions.
Please refer to the draft Terms of Reference for the committee, attached.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region