Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Are you interested in improving health care services in BC? The Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC are developing an initiative to support physician quality improvement and patient care by inviting you to join the Measurement System for Physician Quality Improvement Steering Committee.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council
AimThis steering committee provides overall direction and leadership for the development of physician-oriented quality measures and an electronic system to collect and report this information back to physicians and government. This measurement system will enable physicians to make decisions to improve their practice and provide information for provincial planning purposes. The ultimate goal of this work is to improve patient care. It is anticipated that by sharing their perspective and experiences receiving heath care services the patient partner will contribute to the development of the measurement system for physician quality improvement.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners from across the province who:
- Have recent experience with the health system as a patient, however those with lived experience as a caregiver will also be considered
- Have previous committee/ advisory group experience (including boards, patient and family groups, etc.)
- Are comfortable speaking in a group setting with a range of different stakeholders
- Have a willingness to learn
- Are comfortable to participate via online meetings or teleconference
- Are available to travel to Vancouver to attend in person meetings when required
- Vacancies: 1-2 patient partners
- Date and Time: Monthly meetings 2-4 hours in duration (there are approx. 8-10 meetings a year and the future schedule is TBD)
- Location: Online meetings/ teleconference and in person (in Vancouver)
- Commitment: 12 months, with the possibility to be extended
ReimbursementTravel expenses will be reimbursed as per PVN’s reimbursement policy. Refreshments and snacks will be provided at in person meetings.
BackgroundThe Government of BC, Doctors of BC and BC Health Authorities partnered in 2017 to develop a province-wide system to support physician-oriented quality improvement. This program will make data accessible to physicians to support improvement opportunities and provide program level data for informed decision making, ultimately benefiting patients and the health system. To date, physician oriented quality measures have been selected in a number of areas, including patient safety, access to healthcare services, effectiveness of care and appropriateness of care provided. The patient partner will also receive a letter recognizing their contributions as a participant. If any public events relating to the project are organized, patient partners will be invited to participate. Review the Terms of Reference for the MSPQI Steering Committee.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement