Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Fraser Health is looking for an energetic, community-minded patients and families who can contribute their voice to the improvement of health care services in the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows area. We are seeking 4-6 patient advisors that are interested in working together with health care leaders at Ridge Meadows Hospital and community to ensure the patients voice’ remains a critical part of any decisions.
Ridge Meadows Health Services – Fraser Health
• To encourage Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows community members to partner with Fraser Health, its senior leaders and health care providers to provide strategic advice on advancing a person-centred approach to care and services. The work of the Ridge Meadows Patient and Family Advisory Council is supported by Fraser Health values of respect, caring and trust and the Our Shared Commitments.
• Patient partners’ feedback acknowledges the important role played by patients in developing improved health care services across Fraser Health
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers in Fraser Health who:
• Live in the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows area and experience receiving health care in Fraser Health.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: 2nd Thursday of the month from 12:00 – 1:00.
• Commitment: One hour – with some reading in between meetings. One year – with the opportunity to renew.
• Location: Zoom.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Ridge Meadows Patient and Family Advisory Council has been active since spring of 2019. Their activities include:
• Shared ideas for the implementation of the, “Safety Starts with Me” educational campaign related to how patients and families can keep safe in the hospital and inform them of the patient safety priorities in Fraser Health.
• Quality Improvement Projects such as improving care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
• Member of Leadership Interview Panels.
• Shared ideas for a campaign that celebrates and empowers health care providers.
• Reviewed local service reports and data and then prioritized ideas to improve.