Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Legacy for Airway Health is striving to become a center of excellence in research and care in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma in BC. We are looking for patient partners to become members of a Patient Partners Committee to participate in the governance and operations of the Legacy.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentLegacy for Airway Health, Vancouver Coastal Health
AimThrough partnership with all stakeholders, we wish to identify barriers in the care and improve quality of life of people living with COPD and asthma, and solutions to overcome them. Through membership in a Patient Partners Committee, we wish to engage patient partners to participate in the (1) governance, (2) strategic planning and (3) research- and care-related initiatives at LAH. We wish to incorporate patients’ perspectives to establish program priorities, select projects, support recruitment for clinical studies, co-identify and co-deliver dissemination activities and advocate as ambassadors for LAH. We are seeking diverse representation (representation considering gender, ethnicity, disease type and severity, age, geographical region etc.) on our patient partner committee.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Live anywhere in BC
- Either living, or being a care giver to someone, with COPD or asthma
- An interest in sharing your experience in order to improve the lives of others
- Curious about research and quality improvement
- Comfortable working in groups
- Vacancies: 8 - 10
- Meetings will be held as required (possibly monthly), but at least biannually with options for participation in-person at Vancouver General Hospital or by video/telephone conference call. Time of meetings will be at the convenience of members of the patient partner committee.
- LAH will cover expenses (flight, per diem expenses, and accommodation for the day of the meeting) for each member according to VCH travel and expense policies
- All expenses incurred such as parking etc will be reimbursed.
BackgroundThe LAH was initiated based on a donation made to the VGH+UBC Hospital foundation for the purpose of supporting research and improved care in COPD and asthma. The vision and mission of LAH are: VISION: Airway health through knowledge creation, dissemination and application. MISSION: Legacy for Airway Health will lead and accelerate the creation and translation of knowledge into world-class prevention of, and care for, persons living with asthma and COPD. Learn more about the committee
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial