Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners from Greater Victoria - James Bay/Fairfield area
Accessing good, quality health care, close to home is important to everyone in the Greater Victoria area. The James Bay Urgent & Primary Care team is asking for two patient partners to work with them on how to make sure you receive the care you need, when you need it.
Urban Greater Victoria, Urgent and Primary Care Centre, Island Health
• To streamline Urgent & Primary Care services with a focus on space, workflow, policy and addressing any challenges to best serve the community.
• Patient partners will provide input to help the team understand how to best serve residents of James Bay as well as those seeking urgent care.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from the Greater Victoria area – James Bay/Fairfield area
• Ability and willingness to engage virtually
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: An initial orientation meeting of approximately 3-4 hours
– Weekly meetings of .5 hours primarily during business hours
• Location: Meetings will take place virtually (via Zoom) but might switch to in-person at James Bay Urgent & Primary Care Centre depending on health guidelines.
• Commitment: One year
No anticipated costs associated with this opportunity. If meetings shift to in person, pre-approved transportation & parking costs will be reimbursed through Island Health.
The Urgent and Primary Care Centre offers a variety of primary care services including urgent same-day access to:
• Primary Care
• Mental Health and Substance Use Services
These services are provided by a team of family practitioners, nurse practitioners, nurses and mental health and substance use clinicians.
The entire team will be encouraged to participate in meetings, however most meetings will include the Manager, Medical Administrative Staff and the Medical Lead, along with representation from various disciplines within the team depending on the topic. Meetings are comprised of 6 core members and ad hoc membership of the entire team.
A robust orientation package for team members will be available.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationAshley Clark
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island