Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Do you have some knowledge of information governance or data management? Are you interested in improving how healthcare information is collected, managed, used and shared? Join us on Island Health’s Information Governance Council!
Decision Support, on behalf of the Information Governance Council, Island Health
The aim of information governance is to ensure data and information are high quality and available to support the provision of health and care services to residents of Island Health. The goal of the Information Governance (IG) Council is to oversee data and information management at Island Health. A patient partner can offer insight on how information governance processes and IG Council decisions might impact patients.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Open to patient partners from the Island Health region who:
– Are able to share opinions respectfully in a large group setting
– Have some experience or understanding of data/information management and the health care system
• Please note:
This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health.
The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 1
• Date/Time: Meetings are scheduled for the first Monday of each month, usually from 1:00-2:30pm
– There are no meetings in July, August, or December (except in extraordinary circumstances)
– Please note: January and September meetings are held on the second Monday of the month
• Location: Zoom Videoconference
• Commitment: One year with the possibility of renewal based on mutual interest and agreement
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your internet provider and data limit, please contact Charmaine Niebergall (firstname.lastname@example.org). Otherwise, no expenses are anticipated.
The Information Governance Council began in February, 2018. The goal of the IG Council is to oversee information governance at Island Health in a manner that realizes the value of the data/information; supports the organization’s vision of providing excellent care for everyone, every where, every time; and achieves transparency of processes, integrity and protection of data/information, protection of personal privacy, compliance with policies, regulations and legislation, and ensures availability.
Members of the Council include Managers, Directors and Executive Directors of Island Health and 2 patient partners.
Patient partners are asked to:
• Review meeting documents and gain a level of understanding of information governance issues at Island Health
• Offer a patient perspective on information management and information governance issues addressed by the IG Council
• Attend and participate in approximately 9 meetings a year, one and half hours each, by video conference
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island Region