Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Are you interested in contributing a patient perspective to the delivery of primary and community care? Interior Health is bringing partners together to develop a new way of supporting patients in their health care needs.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health Primary Care
AimInterior Health (IH) is working together with the Divisions of Family Practice (DoFP) to find ways to support the creation of an integrated system of care at a local level in each community. Patients are currently engaged at the local level. This new opportunity for patient input focuses on the regional level where IH/DoFP work on the development of regional policies, patient surveys and regional perspectives from a patient lens. Patient partners who would be part of this work would be called upon to share their perspective of Primary Care change from a regional viewpoint.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityIdeal Patient Partners for this engagement will have:
- Experience or skill in document review.
- Comfort with a variety of tasks of different skills levels.Comfort with possible short deadlines and long spaces between requests for input.
- Ability to discuss issues with a regional rather than local perspective.
- Should have computer/telephone access.
- Vacancies: 2
- Format: Teleconference and Video Conference
- Frequency: The groups meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month from 9 – 10 am. Next meeting is February 15. Some areas where support may be requested would be: policy or document review, survey development or review, website or communications review, "sounding board" for ideas, additional focus group members if needed.
- Commitment: 7 months to a year
ReimbursementExpenses should not occur for this group as meetings and work will occur via teleconference or webinar. However, if a face-to-face meeting does occur, patient costs would be covered for travel, meals and accommodations.
BackgroundSome work with Primary Care Proof of Concept communities has already occurred within IH. The work started to move forward at a more regional level with patient involvement in November 2007. The Reference group would now like to expand the diversity of patient partners in the group. The Primary Care Patient Reference group will be working primarily with leaders within IH. As health care is a constantly evolving landscape, there may be times when the work stalls or Ministry blackouts occur. There may be long stretches of time when requests for feedback will not occur, and interested parties should be comfortable with a varied pace from slow to short deadlines. Patient partners can contribute from their own communities.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo