Open to Interior Region, Patient partners from hospitals in Interior Health
Infection Prevention and Control is undergoing significant growth and changes with a focus on improving hand hygiene (HH) and decreasing Clostridium difficile (C. diff). Patient partners are invited to join working group meetings to enhance the patient centric approach to education in this area.
Open to: Patient partners from hospitals in Interior Health
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Infection Prevention and Control
AimThe aim is to reduce healthcare associated infections with a focus on improving hand hygiene and decreasing Clostridium difficile. The patient partners can help us understand the patient perspective and if our education efforts are meeting the patient needs. The partners will attend the working group meetings for both HH and C. diff to participate in finding new solutions.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Experience in participating in a working group.
- Comfort in telling their healthcare story.
- Familiarity with data analysis would be an asset but not required.
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Meeting details:
- Clostridium Difficile meetings will be 1 x Month ( 1.5 hours each)
- Hand Hygiene meetings will be 4 meetings per year (1.5 hrs each)
- May 2019 next meeting for IHHHWG and CDiff working group.
- Pre-approved travel expenses for any required in-person meetings will be reimbursed.
- Most meetings will be via webinar/teleconference.
BackgroundPlease review the attached IH Hand Hygiene Working Group (IHHHWG) Terms of Reference for details of purpose, objectives and membership of the working group. The IHHHWG encompasses both acute and long-term care. The term has completed for previous patient partner engagement and this group is now looking to continue patient engagement with new membership. The infection control practitioners across IH will be involved. Terms of Reference.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo Kootenays